Anti oxidants aren’t just for preventing cancer, they can have an immediate impact on your ability to recover from exercise and your ability to stay sick-free.
Unfortunately, many fitness hopefuls do not know how to increase their anti oxidant load.
Thus, here are some tips for increasing production in your body:
1. Have more cysteine: An amino acid, cysteine is found in foods like eggs and whey protein. This is yet another reason to have a whey protein shake right after your workout. Also, egg yolks are fine as long as you have them in moderation.
2. Reduce your exposure to toxins: One simple strategy here is to simply drink filtered water. Avoid tap water as many times it has toxins your body has to deal with. Also, consider getting an air purifier for your bedroom so that you can breathe fresh air while you sleep.
3. Have more bell peppers: They are loaded with vitamin C and don’t have hardly any calories in them. The key here is to eat them fresh. You see, vitamin C is a precursor to glutathione which is the most powerful anti oxidant your body can produce.
4. Have more brazil nuts: And remember that plant saturated fat is different from animal saturated fat. The former is much healthier for you. The good thing about brazil nuts is that they have a lot of selenium, a precursor for glutathione production.
5. Supplement your diet: One way to do this is with alpha lipoic acid. This amino acid does a great job at neutralizing free radicals, increasing insulin sensitivity and increasing glutathione production. So if your budget allows, have some alpha lipoic acid.
6. Avoid mercury: If your body has to deal with mercury, you are less likely to maximize your production of anti oxidants. So stay away from large, pelagic fish. Instead, try to focus on fish that have very low levels of mercury, like wild salmon.
Increasing anti oxidant production in your body is a great way to enhance your results from exercise and ward off sickness. So take action here now!
Writer Katherine Crawford, a fitness expert and former flabby arms sufferer, instructs on how to tone your arms quickly. Figure out how to get sexy and toned arms by visiting her blog with advice on how to get rid of arm fat very fast right now!