Now most people know that having breakfast soon after waking up is extremely important. However, most people do not know the exact mechanisms that are at play here.
And to further complicate matters, many people simply have a giant glass of coffee instead of eating a balanced breakfast.
Thus, here are 6 specific reasons on why you should never skip breakfast:
1. To stabilize mood and brain function: Skipping breakfast puts you at a higher risk for developing depression. It also decreases mental performance. And keep in mind that a poor mood will make getting in shape seem like pushing a boulder up a hill.
2. To get a leaner body: Multiple research studies have shown that skipping breakfast increases body mass index. Now there are a lot of explanations for this, but the most likely is that skipping breakfast slows down your metabolism.
3. To maintain lean tissue mass: Cortisol is a breakdown hormone in your body. And when you skip breakfast levels of cortisol peak beyond normal levels. Once this happens, you will burn through precious calorie-burning muscle like a knife through butter.
4. To optimize blood lipid levels: Blood lipids have a strong impact on how healthy your circulatory system is. And skipping breakfast has been shown by solid peer reviewed research to worsen blood lipid profiles. So if you have a history of heart disease you cannot skip breakfast.
5. To get more nutrients into your active tissues: If more nutrients are going to your active tissues, less nutrients are going to your fat cells. Unfortunately, skipping breakfast increases the amount of nutrients going to your fat cells.
6. For better cardiovascular health and function: Skip breakfast and you risk worsening the health of your heart. You see, studies have shown that people who chronically skip breakfast suffer from higher rates of heart disease.
Breakfast truly is the most important meal of the day. So make sure you have a robust breakfast every single day!
Author Katherine Crawford, a fitness expert and former flabby arms sufferer, instructs on how to tone your arms. Unearth how to get sexy and toned arms by exploring her blog with advice on how to get rid of arm fat now!