Eliminating carbohydrates from your diet to go into ketosis is the fastest way to make the weight scale move. However, a decrease in weight isn’t always the best solution to looking better.
After all, many people lose weight only to notice that they look horrible.
So here is why ketosis can do more harm than good:
1. A decrease in lean tissue: Lean tissue is vital for the best results here. Not only does it allow you to burn more calories, but it also allows you to produce more fat burning hormones. And hormones are the most powerful substances for fat burning.
2. You can’t exercise as hard: The most efficient way to lose fat is with really intense exercise. You see, intense exercise will have your body burning extra calories for days on end. But without carbs you will never be able to reach your peak.
3. Reduced mental performance: Just like your muscles, carbs are the preferred fuel source in your brain. So if you take out carbs and only have protein, your mental output will suffer big time. And if you have a mentally demanding job this will create some major issues.
4. Higher risk for depression: There are certain chemicals in your brain responsible for stabilizing your mood. And carbohydrates provide the building blocks for the production of some of these chemicals. So expect to experience some major mood swings when taking carbs out of your diet.
5. Loss of muscle definition: Without carbs your muscles will dump a large amount of their stored water. This in turn will make them look flaccid and loose. You see, for every gram of carbohydrate that gets shuffled into your muscles, three grams of water follow.
6. Loss of calcium: Not only will super high protein intakes cause you to increase urea production, but they will also make you secrete excess calcium. Now this can be avoided with supplementation. But it’s probably best not to put yourself in this position.
If you take carbs out of your diet, you will go through some major suffering. So please take heed of the pointers in this article before making such a decision!
Author Katherine Crawford, a fitness physiologist and recent arm fat sufferer, teaches how to tone your arms quickly. Figure out how to get sexy and toned arms by exploring her website with advice on how to get rid of arm fat quickly now!