Having painful joints in your lower body is not fun. And if you are trying to lose weight, pain in your lower body can be a huge de-motivator.
Unfortunately, all movement originates from your lower body.
So here are some techniques for avoiding the pain:
1. Make sure your gait isn’t the source: If a faulty gait is causing your joint discomfort, you have to fix it. There are many places where you can have your gait analyzed, so just do it. And once your gait is fixed, it’s possible that the pain may go away.
2. See a physical therapist: It will be well worth it because a therapist can quickly identify tight muscles or poorly activated muscles. And they have access to many other tools that can help alleviate the pain much faster than you could on your own.
3. Drink lots of water: Water cushions your joints and makes up the fluid that lubricates your joints. Thus, chronic dehydration can make an existing joint condition much worse. And if you take more than three hundred milligrams of caffeine per day, you are most likely dehydrated.
4. Don’t elevate your heels: Any type of shoe that elevates your heels will make knee pain more severe. So strive to use flat soled shoes with ample cushioning. After all, elevating your heels puts a lot of pressure on your patella.
5. Strengthen the muscles in your lower body: Now you have to proceed slowly here to prevent any type of damage. However, as your muscles become stronger your joints will have to absorb less and less shock. So get your muscles strong.
6. Make sure you move around a lot: Now if you are in major pain, this may not be an option. However, the more you move around, the more lubrication your joints will receive. And remember that the movement doesn’t have to be high intensity.
Having achy knees and hips is not fun. And it will really make you think twice before exercising. So take action here sooner rather than later.
Author Katherine Crawford, an exercise physiologist and former arm fat sufferer, instructs on how to get rid of flabby arms quickly. Unearth how to get sexy and toned arms by visiting her blog with tricep exercises for women right now!