Significant changes in body composition require a substantial amount of exercise. It’s just not possible to transform your body unless you exercise a lot.
Unfortunately, a lot of exercise can leave your skin dry like crocodile skin.
Thus, here are some strategies for preventing this:
1. Take very short showers: If possible, only spend 5-10 minutes in the shower. The shorter, the better. And on the days when you don’t exercise, only shower once. This will help your body retain its natural moisturizing oils.
2. Make your air wetter: The easiest way to do this is with a standard humidifier. Just make sure you don’t make the air too humid or you could end up making things worse. Start with a normal setting and then upward or downward adjust.
3. Avoid regular soap: Regular soap will strip all the oils away from your body. And this will leave your skin very dry. Instead, use specialized soap that actually moisturizes you. This will prevent you from inadvertently making things worse.
4. Use lotion after you shower: There is a surplus of cheap and effective moisturizers on the market. And using them right after a shower is the best strategy. After all, your pores are wide open during this time period.
5. Avoid irritating your skin with contact: The best strategy here is to avoid vigorous rubbing or scratching if your skin becomes irritated. Instead, use lotions or other ointments to make the itching go away. If you scratch too much you can end up with dry skin that flakes.
6. Reduce your intake of stimulants: The more you take the more dehydrated you will become. You see, caffeine prevents you from absorbing water even if you don’t feel it. In fact, too much caffeine can leave you with perpetual dry skin.
Getting in shape is hard enough as is. And dealing with dry skin is one thing you don’t want to worry about. So follow the advice here.
Writer Katherine Crawford, a fitness expert and recent flabby arms sufferer, instructs on how to do arm exercises for women. Figure out how to get sexy and toned arms by visiting her blog with advice on how to lose arm fat now!