With todays advances in hi tech,going to the workplace may be as easy as turning on the computer and logging on to a network. With the increase of white collar work already accessible through the internet and mobile systems, more and more people no longer find it necessary to get up from their couches for work or play. Although these tools help us in accomplishing great things, it has created a generation of people who live a sedentary lifestyle. This inactive lifestyle has led to a host of health-related problems.
A pot belly, or apple shaped figure has always been associated with an inactive lifestyle, overeating or both. A sedentary lifestyle has been strongly correlated to the risk of cardiovascular diseases, such as hypertension and myocardial ischemia, not to mention insulin resistance and diabetes mellitus as well as a host of other diseases. Recent clinical studies have shown that reducing the amount of belly fat can significantly reduce the risk of suffering these life-threatening conditions.
There are numerous ways to reduce the amount of fat in the stomach area, the top five belly fat exercises and stomach-busting measures are discussed below.
1. Cardio Exercises. In recent studies, with only a 30-minute per day cardio program, you can burn calories and melt away body fat. Some of the most effective exercises to do are: cycling, jogging, swimming, aerobics, jumping rope, and dancing but really, anything that gets your heart pumping, works. The afore mentioned exercises are among the most common and very effective exercises that work great in trimming off the fat. Doing cardio exercises like sit-ups and crunches will make your stomach muscles firmer, but your six pack will only show up once the exterior flab is gone. Cardio exercises are still recognized as the best, most needed, undisputed king of all workout programs.
2. High-protein, Low-carbohydrate diet. First, don’t forget, it is recommended to have lots of water, I mean a lot, about 1.5 to 2 liters a day, and 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily, which are always delicious, so no big thing. Carbs, at least for our goals, are bad. Carbs, the really good tasting food, are easily broken down to glucose which is the body’s major source of fuel. Because they are so easily digested, the body feels hungry again in only a short span of time. Proteins, the food that is good for our goal of losing belly fat, on the other hand, are not easily processed and can thus provide more energy over a longer period of time, decreasing the need to constantly eat which , it turns out is a good thing if you wish to lose belly weight.
3. Now is a good time to listen to those warnings saying “Cigarette smoking is dangerous to your health” and “Drink only in moderation”. Did you know that nicotine and alcohol are major stressors to the body, thus increasing hormone cortisol levels.
4. Learn to relax. Researchers have recently studied the effects that stress has on body fat and have found a direct correlation between fat and stress. Higher and more prolonged levels of cortisol in the bloodstream, like those associated with chronic stress, have been shown to have negative effects such as increased belly fat. Cortisol levels in the blood are found to be elevated when the body is exposed to stress and this produces insulin resistance, causing a craving for fats and sugary food. Instead of worrying, why not try to read a book, listen to soothing music, or do yoga.
5. Strength-Training. So you have lost inches and are looking to tone and shape your tummy muscles. This is the time you would want to apply targeted tummy exercises. “Spot exercises” like: abdominal crunches, Bicycle crunch, Vertical leg crunch, leg lifts, Captain’s chair, reverse crunches, and hanging leg raise are suggested exercises you can try to obtain six pack stomach muscles.